Goldmann vs Adorno

matthew piscioneri mpiscioneri at hotmail.com
Tue, 20 May 2003 16:38:43 +0000

Ralph,

>Pending a detailed study, I contest the notion that the essence of what the
>Frankfurters have to offer is the dialectic of enlightenment.  I suspect
>that just the reverse is true, that maybe this work should be put at the
>bottom and not at the top.  The fact that it is most influential arouses my
>greatest suspicions.  But time will tell.  If it is Habermas' starting
>point, so much the better for Habermas to want to contradict it.  But what
>are the implications of being held hostage to the way one was raised even
>while rebelling against it?

It's just what I take from H. & A. Anyway I am a new optimist (as compared
to a post-structuralist). The liberation of Iraq has been a resounding
success. Allah bless America.

MattP.

ninemsn Extra Storage is now available. Get larger attachments -
send/receive up to 2MB attachments (up to 100 percent more per e-mail). Go
to  http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/home&pgmarket=en-au