Kabinettspolitik

j laari jlaari at cc.jyu.fi
Sat, 10 May 2003 14:45:45 +0300 (EEST)

Greetings!

I think the main point with Kabinettspolitik is this: it is politics
performed (a) behind the closed doors (b) by a small (more or less
elite) group. The group may consist of central figures of different
elites (say, of economic life, some central powerful politicians,
high-ranking civil servants, and in some countries even of
high-ranking officers of the military). Kabinettspolitik is the very
opposite of open, public, political discussion and parliamentary work.
Those who are performing it do not care about the public opinion
(except when it serves their interests).

Sincerely, Jukka L