[Stellar-discuss] Invitation for Modest-7f workshop on MUSE

Gaburov, E. egaburov at science.uva.nl
Thu Apr 12 10:22:46 BST 2007

Dear colleague,

It is our pleasure to invite you to participate in the 5-day MODEST-7f
workshop on the MOdelling DEnse STellar systems. It will be held on
10-15 June 2007 and hosted by Section Computational Science and
Astronomical Institute "Anton Pannekoek" of University of Amsterdam,
the Netherlands (Kruislaan 403, 1098SJ Amsterdam).

Our main objective is to bring together a number of experts on
astronomy and computational science to discuss the future developments
of the MUSE project (http://muse.li). The workshop is intended to
precede the MODEST-7a (http://conferences.znanost.org/n-body2007)
meeting on "A Software Framework for Simulating Stellar Systems" which
will take place in the last week of August 2007. During the workshop
researchers will have an opportunity to discuss future plans and lines
of development.

The workshop will be a really working workshop where we plan to make
quick progress on the development of MUSE and related software
frameworks. In addition you will have the opportunity to present your
recent results and developments in a short contribution. This workshop
would be an excellent place to establish new collaborations and
reinforce existing ones. We plan to summarise the results of this
meeting in a new MODEST paper in which we will outline the recent
progress on MUSE.

In keeping with the spirit of an informal workshop there is no
registration fee, however we will be able to provide limited support
to young researchers to cover local expenses. The welcoming reception
will take place in a cafe on Sunday, June 10, in the afternoon.

More information is available at the web site: http://
modesta.science.uva.nl

If you are interested, please contact the organizers at:
spz at science.uva.nl

Sincerely yours,
On behalf of the organising committee

Simon Portegies Zwart,